In September 2018 Astrea Academy Sheffield opened its doors for the first time. Astrea Academy Sheffield will be the Astrea Academy Trust’s first all-through academy which will embody our vision for an education that truly ‘inspires beyond measure’, whilst representing a beacon at the heart of a part of the city undergoing significant regeneration.
The school will grow with its community and will reach capacity within four years of opening. When all year groups are filled, the school will accommodate the education and personal development of 1370 pupils right through from Nursery to Sixth Form. We are delighted to say at this point we are currently oversubscribed and our current staff and pupils embody our mantra daily; ‘A Relentless Commitment to Excellence – Everyday’
If you are motivated by contributing to a culture of constant improvement, and if you are seeking to improve outcomes for young people in a brand new purpose build academy that you will help to shape, then we would love to hear from you. You will play a vital role in the early stages and growth of Astrea Academy Sheffield Pre-Prep and Prep and will be able to put an indelible stamp on its approach to enhancing the life chances of all children.
The successful candidate will ensure the highest standards of learning, development and achievement for children in Pre-Prep and for children moving into Prep. You will be highly motivated, passionate and will be an inspirational individual with relevant and recent experience within the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1. You will have a commitment to delivering the highest quality education for our children. You may also be a newly qualified teacher who is looking to take your first step into teaching in a truly inspirational and diverse setting. Above all, the successful candidate will be an innovative, creative and passionate individual who is determined to ensure all our children achieve their highest potential.
We can offer you:
- A happy and supportive working environment.
- Children who are keen to learn and thrive on high quality learning opportunities.
- An emerging team with a commitment to excellence and who are passionate about ensuring high quality provision for all our children.
- An opportunity to make a difference within our community.
- A leadership team with a commitment to staff development opportunities.
- Networking opportunities with other local schools and academies.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a role model of exemplary Early Years and Key Stage 1 teaching practice who seeks to inspire and excite children in their learning.
- Is skilled in ensuring that transitions between the EYFS and KS1 build on children’s skills and experiences.
- Can lead by example, is inspirational to colleagues and pupils and shares best practice.
- Can work collaboratively within a strong and cohesive team.
- Is able to build strong relationships with parents/carers.
- Is a caring professional with high expectations who has the energy and determination to make a difference.
- Has the children at the heart of everything they do.
- Is keen to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Astrea Academy Trust is committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff, we are also passionate about cultivating our own talented workforce. At Astrea we believe that we can provide these unique roles by providing a huge opportunity to join a dynamic team working across the entire organisation. To complement the intrinsic rewards which we award to our teachers and to demonstrate our commitment to them, in September 2017 the Astrea Academy Trust awarded all teaching staff a 2% pay increase which was above the recommended increase of 1% from the School Teachers Review Body.
We foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We welcome all applicants who meet the criteria in the accompanying recruitment pack to apply for this exciting role via the application process. To find out more about the role please contact Charlotte Reed, Academy Support Manager at email@example.com
Closing date: 22nd March 2019 at 12pm
Interview date: 27th March 2019
For candidates wishing to visit the Academy, we are able to offer two tour dates: 15/02/2019 at 9.30am and 08/03/2019 at 9.30am.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.