Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding EYFS Teacher for Al Forsan Nursery in Abu Dhabi, starting immediately.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To plan and deliver lessons/ interventions and specific programs for individual children / groups of children as directed by the Head of Inclusion.
• To monitor and track student progress against set targets / IEPs, ensuring progress is maximized for all children.
• To contribute to the Inclusion Department Improvement plan to move the school forward.
• To attend SGG as required regarding aspects pertinent to the role.
• To actively promote and contribute to the further development of the Inclusion Department resulting in departmental targets met.
• To fulfil all school policies regarding a) Attainment and b) Curriculum Design and Innovation ensuring the Inclusion Dpt development is in line with the rest of school.
• Carry out data analysis and chart student progress for students on Waves 1-3 with the Head of Inclusion.
• Manage and develop staff/teachers in the department in accordance with school’s continual professional development strategy.
• Demonstrate outstanding teaching skills which lead to excellent results and outcomes – timetable of work will be agreed with the Principal.
• Demonstrate excellent and innovative pedagogical practice, including the use of educational technology specifically for SEND children’s needs.
• Implement all workplace policies and practices.
• Coach and mentor staff, providing advice and feedback around Inclusion, including advising and supporting individual class teachers in delivering quality first teaching and specific programs for SEND individuals waves 1-3.
• Review and manage curriculum requirements for Inclusion students.
• Assess and monitor student progress, implementing impact / intervention plans/ IEPs where necessary.
• Report on the progress of both students and departmental teachers.
• Contribute to pupil discipline.
• Contribute to all aspects of Gifted and Talented across school.
• Conduct an extra-curricular activity one term out of three - 1 afternoon per week.
• To be an exemplar classroom teacher able to offer support and guidance to staff.
• To cover for absent staff if required.
• To liaise closely with colleagues from other schools and outside agencies.
• To maintain accurate records.
• To plan and deliver a range of programs of work to support individual needs.
• To identify and provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families.
• To contribute to the school pastoral committee, including leading events and assemblies.
• To be able to maintain confidentiality.
• A qualified teacher with a range of teaching experience and an University degree in Early childhood/ education or University degree on other specialization combined by a certified professional certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level3) or High School degree combined by a certified professional certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 3)
• Practical experience in early childhood care or same teaching position for at least two years.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
• Warmth, empathy, credibility, self-belief, integrity, drive and child-centred
• Experience of a British Curriculum is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights and housing. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Al Forsan Nursery
Al Forsan Nursery
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Early Years