Star International School Mirdif is a bespoke British Curriculum School situated in the Mirdif Community of Dubai offering EYFS, Primary and Secondary Education. We are looking to appoint an EYFS Teacher who has the enthusiasm, commitment and energy needed to work in a rapidly growing and improving school. The role would be from September 2021.
Due to the continued expansion of the school, we require a number of EYFS Teachers to join our family at Star International School Mirdif.
Alongside the day to day responsibilities of being a full-time classroom teacher you would be required to:
- Play a leading role in cultivating a school ethos founded on our 3 Pillars; Learning for Self, Learning for Change, Learning for All
- Contribute to the development and provision of the highest quality of education at Star International School Mirdif
- Make sure that young people of all abilities and backgrounds fulfil their potential
- Promote a positive ethos across the school based on the school vision/values and a commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of students, staff and the wider school community
At Star International School we offer:
- Children who are well motivated and have a superb attitude to learning;
- A fabulous staff team, a highly supportive group of parents and governors, who together, create a strong school community
- A great environment for learning with excellent resources and facilities.
- Appropriate research-led working practices and a keen focus on staff well-being
- An Innovative risk-taking attitude to teaching and learning with the trust placed in our teachers
- A growing school community with a wide range of opportunities for professional growth and development
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant teaching qualification: minimum of a BEd or BA/BSc + PGCE/QTS
- Excellent working knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum document and the latest UK practice
- Experience of teaching in a British school either internationally or in the UK
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Familiarity with the national curriculum for England
- 2-year Primary teaching experience - However, strong NQTs will be considered
- Ability to teach KS1
Terms & Conditions
Contracts are for two years in the first instance and include:
- Tax-free salary
- Accommodation or allowance
- Free schooling for the first child and 50% discount for a second child
- Medical insurance
- Flight allowance
- End of service gratuity
Visits to the school from local candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the Principal’s PA on 04 288 4644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Early applications are highly recommended for this role, and the school reserves the right to make early appointments prior to the deadline.
Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom from Sunday 28th February until Monday 8th March with the school reserving the right to appoint early if a suitable candidate is found.
- All candidates must submit a portfolio of key initiatives and achievements within their current role.
- Dubai-based candidates will be invited into school for a live lesson or alternatively, submit a recording of a lesson that can be reviewed by the leadership team.
- International candidates will be required to submit a recording of a lesson that can be reviewed by the leadership team. All lesson recordings will be deleted safely upon completion of the interview process.
Please clearly indicate the Post for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Star International School Mirdif
Mirdif, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 14 years