The Early Years is a large section of the College on its own campus with 560 pupils between the ages of 3 and 7, and we are seeking an inspirational Foundation Stage teacher to start in February 2020.
We are looking for applicants who are energetic, highly motivated and passionate Early Years practitioners, experienced in nurturing EAL learners with a learning through play approach. Applicants should be team players who bring a genuine love of teaching and learning and a commitment to student wellbeing and wider school life.
We have four Nursery classes and six Pre-Kinder classes. The two Pre-Kinder units are open plan with four classrooms in each accommodating approximately 75 children. We follow the British National Curriculum and invite applications from Early Years practitioners to join our team working in the Pre-Kinder units.
Applicants need to be qualified teachers with QTS and have experience of working with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. Being a team player and experience/expertise of working with a large team of teachers to raise standards in teaching and learning is essential. Experience of working in an open unit is an advantage.
The successful candidate will show a genuine commitment to creating an inspiring and stimulating child-centred learning environment. Candidates should be committed to ongoing school improvement and feel comfortable in a climate of change and innovative development.
We’re looking for a class teacher who:
- Is energetic, highly motivated and passionate about teaching and learning
- Approaches school life with enthusiasm and a commitment to ‘make a difference’ to the children at Markham College
- Is flexible, creative and enthusiastic
- Delivers exciting and innovative lessons
- Manages the diverse ability levels of students
- Embraces each child as an individual and is able to manage diverse ability levels
- Adapts curriculum to fit student needs while maintaining overall class progress
- Observes, assesses and records student progress, while identifying areas which need attention and improvement
- Provides a safe, positive learning environment for children
- Works with other adults to plan and coordinate learning both indoors and outdoors
- Communicates with all other staff members who engage with children
- Communicates regularly with parents as per school guidelines
- Maintains high levels of behaviour among children, while promoting safety and compliance with school rules and guidelines
- Attends and contributes to continuous professional development
- Has experience working with digital portfolios e.g. Seesaw
- Is willing to deliver extra-curricular activities
Successful candidates must hold a relevant teaching qualification and will be responsible for the teaching, learning and pastoral care of a Pre-Kinder class.
A member of the Latin American Heads’ Conference (LAHC), International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) and the Round Square Organisation, Markham College, Lima, is one of the leading independent schools in South America. Markham College is a not for profit organisation governed by a Board of Governors.
Markham College has recently launched its very own multidisciplinary, project based learning initiative called IMPACT. The IMPACT programme runs throughout the school and promotes core skills and values. Teachers with an interest in this style of pedagogy and a desire to engage with the IMPACT programme would be of particular interest to the college.
Applications with a covering and CV of no more than two pages should be uploaded to the school’s application system (https://jobs.markham.edu.pe) as soon as possible and no later than Monday 23 September 2019.
If you have any problems, please contact Elda Arbocco at email@example.com.
Information about the College can be found at: www.markham.edu.pe.