We are seeking a capable and enthusiastic nursery practitioner to support the development of our children.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Early Years Practitioner qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Early Years and Childcare and with GCSE English and Maths. The successful candidate will be able to contribute significantly to the continued development of our Nurseries.
Our Federation comprises 2 one-form entry Infant Schools, both with nursery units, and a Children’s Centre located at Pine Ridge School. The schools are situated about a mile apart and the successful applicant will be employed by the Federation, initially working within Pine Ridge Nursery. Our structure enhances effective colleague support and provides increased opportunities for professional development, whilst still retaining the close knit feel of a small school team.
Our nursery classes have amazing facilities and are led by qualified teachers.
• A well-resourced nursery, catering for children aged 2 to 4 years
• An exceptional outdoor learning space, providing an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about outdoor learning
• A supportive team of staff, leadership, governors and parents
• Access to excellent CPD opportunities through our partnership with GLF schools
• A location with good road and public transport links surrounded by beautiful woodland
The successful candidate must:
• Have a detailed knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and early childhood development
• Show enthusiasm and commitment
• Have good organisational and communication skills
• Be responsible for the planning, delivery and monitoring of learning for their key children
• Be able to create an exciting and stimulating environment that provides rich learning opportunities
• Be able to inspire and nurture every child to ensure that he/she thrives and becomes a confident, active learner
Hours of work will be Mon-Fri 8.30am – 3.30pm, plus 30 mins for a weekly staff meeting, for 39 weeks per year (33 hours per week).
Salary range: £12,082 - £13,666 (Pro-rata £15,461 - £17,489) plus benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme.
We would encourage candidates to visit us in order to get a better feel for our settings. Please contact Debbie Fenwick (J.Miall@prlfederation.org) through the school office to make an appointment.
Closing date: Monday 18th December 2017 (9am)
Interviews: Thursday 21st December 2017
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt and for an exceptional candidate an appointment may be made before the closing date. Therefore, it is recommended that if you wish to apply for this position you do so as soon as possible.