The International School of Monza
is seeking to appoint an
Early Years Teacher (Reggio-Inspired IB PYP)
to join us in September 2019
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
Why work with us
* The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find;
* Official IB and Reggio Children professional development during first few months of employment;
* A small, modern and colourful school where teachers are highly respected as professionals and afforded a good degree of autonomy to teach in a creative and exciting way;
* A beautiful part of the world.
Our school and host city
More information about the school and our host city can be found on our school’s dedicated TES page at https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/international-school-of-monza-1066703 as well as on our website at https://www.internationalschoolofmonza.it. The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Due to expansion of our Early Years section, we are seeking to appoint an Early Years Teacher to join three other teachers and several teaching assistants within our Reggio-Inspired International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IB PYP). The contract offered will be for either one year or, for the right candidate, will be a permanent appointment.
We are looking for a teacher who shows a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills in caring for and providing safe and enriching educational experiences for 2-5 year olds.
Our Early Years team is, quite simply, magnificent. In our IB Evaluation Report of December 2018, they were singled out as providing “a rich and stimulating learning environment”. Our school is made up of a strong team of individual specialists who have built a uniquely collaborative environment. As such, we expect our new colleague to be committed to such an approach, as well as to high standards and a desire to ensure an excellent profile for the programme that they teach both within and beyond our school community.
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related field and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent experience teaching students aged 2-5;
• to be mother-tongue equivalent in English;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Italy.
Previous experience with Reggio Children and/or IB programmes is not required and official training will be offered, together with relocation assistance and help with the apartment search and settling-in process. Other employment benefits include a thirty-hour Italian course, an iPad and free school lunches.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the box provided), one of which must be head of school and one of which must be direct line manager, both from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work on 26th August 2019, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.