The Alton School is looking for an inspirational and outstanding class teacher to join our team.
Our children say “A good teacher is kind and enthusiastic, pushing us to be the best we can be.”
Our vision is to give every child in our community an exceptional education - our school is an exciting one to work in and we have a team of committed staff and governors who work exceptionally hard to give the children in our community the very best.
Staff are exceptionally well supported and developed as outstanding practitioners and leaders. We have a strong inclusive and supportive ethos, experienced teaching assistants in each class, a well-resourced curriculum and fabulous children. We serve a diverse multi-cultural community and celebrate the richness that this brings to school life.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Excellent classroom practice that demonstrates creativity and caring with the ability to make learning fun
- High expectations and a commitment to providing the best possible education for all pupils The ability to be flexible, dynamic, enjoy a challenge, be good at thinking on your feet and well organised
- Be driven and ambitious for the learners, the school and on a personal level
- Have experience or a keen interest in supporting SEND learners
- Have the unswerving desire to support the values and aims of The Alton School and the needs of its pupils and staff
- The ability to work as part of a team and to inspire, support and lead others
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- A willingness to run an after school club would be expected
- The opportunity to work with the most wonderful students anywhere in the country
- A warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with enthusiastic and skilled staff who are highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and life-chances
- A highly experienced and effective leadership team who can support excellent opportunities for CPD including the opportunity to influence and lead education developments both locally and nationally through cross school partnership.
- A clear vision for the future
- A positive and enthusiastic, well-resourced and attractive working environment with extensive grounds
- A commitment to working with and within our local community
- A creative and innovative environment which encourages a 'risk taking' and positive mind set culture
- A happy school - where children smile, they are eager to learn and where standards are high. • Support and guidance from your phase leader during their weekly leadership time
- Specialist teachers for key areas of the curriculum
- High quality administrative and IT support
- An iPad
- Spontaneous “Go home early” Fridays
If you want to be part of something truly special, please contact Helen Gibbs on 020 8876 8482 to arrange a visit, or to have an informal chat with the Headteacher, Ruth Hudson.
We consider applications on receipt, so your early response is encouraged. Please download the associated documents. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Monday 24th September (9am) . At the interview you will be expected to teach a 30 minute lesson on phonics in a nursery class, this will be followed by time for reflection and a formal interview with the senior leadership team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.