The International school of Ticino is seeking to appoint an Early Years teacher to join us in September 2021.
Candidates should be well qualified, ideally experienced in the PYP, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative and inquiry-based approaches to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Zoom and face-to-face, and the school will appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
Our school was founded in September 2014 as part of the ISE network of schools, spanning Italy and Switzerland. The school has had year on year growth, and now has 180 students across the age range of 3-16.
From September 2020 this growth has continued with the opening of a grade 11. Within the next 2 years the international school will be home to students from 3-18 in our purpose designed campus, with no more than 20 students per class and per grade level.
In 2018 the International School of Ticino became an IB world school and the only accredited PYP school in the area. With accreditation as an IB continuum school, MYP and DP to follow in the coming month.
The school is one of several very successful Swiss and Italian schools belonging to Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are seeking to appoint an early years teacher to work in our PYP Reggio inspired section. The teacher would be working with children of 2 ½-5 in a purpose designed and built space with an assistant. We seek staff ideally with experience of the PYP and or international schools and programmes. Experience with the Reggio Emilia Approach would be an advantage.
The contract is a permanent contract and our location offers the opportunity live on Lake Lugano in Switzerland or Lake Como in Italy.
Due to the high number of applications only those chosen for interview will be contacted.
Essential characteristics for IST applicants:
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent, demonstrable experience teaching primary within the 3-6 age range;
• to be an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a love of teaching and the ability to convey this successfully to students;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Switzerland.
• Previous experience with IB programmes is required. Further IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
Why work with us:
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
• IB professional development during employment
• A very competitive salary in the region
• Support settling in to Switzerland or Italy
• Professional development
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school build and development
• Cooked lunches provided free daily.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the following TES application, or email it to the school principal, Mr. Andrew Ackers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Letter of application (No more than 2 pages);
• CV with photo;
• Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head or Principal from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work at the end of August 2020, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.isticino.com/.
The school is one of several very successful schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
International School of Ticino
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years