Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Early Years Teacher (with TLR) to work within a special needs environment in South West London. The school is located in the London Borough of Wandsworth. This special needs school caters for children between the ages of three and 19, who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The Early Years Teacher will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children in Early Years.
About the Role
- Early Years teacher with TLR.
- Teaching students with autism and other moderate or severe learning difficulties. Children at this school are both verbal and non-verbal.
- Teaching early years within a classroom environment.
- The special needs teacher will have a support network within the classroom.
- This is a permanent contract offering TLR.
- This role is for a teacher with QTS.
About the School
- Maximum of nine children per class.
- There are 16 classes within the school.
- Located in the London Borough of Wandsworth.
- Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport.
- Special needs school for children with autism and learning difficulties.
- Well-structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance and music sessions.
- Large outside space with a wide variety of sensory toys.
- Climbing frames, bicycles and lots of other playground equipment is available for all of the children.
- A thriving school with a wonderful reputation amongst the local community.
- Judged as outstanding by Ofsted in all areas.
In order to be considered for this role, the Early Years Teacher (with TLR) will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree.
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum.
- Maintain a professional and positive relationships with peers, students and parents.
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply.
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa / right to work).
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops.
- Regular social events.
- Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD14129.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.