Rosemary Works is small and friendly independent school on the borders of Hackney and Islington.
Every member of staff knows every one of the children, this is more than just remembering names - every child knows every adult and vice versa, giving the school an inclusive, informal, family atmosphere.
The Head teacher and Directors at Rosemary Works Primary School would like to appoint an experienced full time Early Years Teaching Assistant who is looking for a role that is refreshingly different and as education in primary schools should be. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience working in an Early Years setting (Pre-Reception and Reception Class) and has suitable qualifications for the role (NVQ 2 early years childcare minimum).
Required September 2018 (or sooner)
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning and it is desirable that the successful candidate has experience of phonics teaching (preferably Read, Write, Inc.).
We are looking for someone who can:
· Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting, especially regarding the successful management of behaviour within a class setting.
· Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the Class Teacher to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
· Under the guidance of the Class Teacher, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
· At the direction of Class Teacher, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
· Be familiar with using technology to undertake pupil observations making insightful notes that inform future planning and delivery. (We use Tapestry)
· Undertake pupil observations making insightful notes that inform future planning and delivery.
· Liaise with parents, members of staff and pupils at a personable but professional level.
- A competitive salary (to be negotiated with the successful applicant)
- A small, friendly working environment giving you the freedom to realise your potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a close-knit, friendly environment with lovely staff and a supportive management team. Just look at our website to see the wonderful things we have been doing and get a sense of the ethos of our school.
Please note that this position is year round and includes working as part of our holiday play scheme team!
A completed application form (available here) and a supporting statement should be sent to:
Rob Dell - Head Teacher, at the address above or emailed directly to here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call the school or use the email above to arrange a visit.
The closing date is Friday 22nd June 2018.
Rosemary Works School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK and/or criminal policy checks for all other countries lived or worked in for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18 (irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.