Teacher of Economics and Business Studies (Subject coordinator)
St. Stephen’s International School, Bangkok Campus, is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Economics and Business Studies Teacher (Coordinator) for August 2021.
Business studies is a popular and successful option at both IGCSE level and A level. Economics is currently taught at IGCSE only, but there are plans to introduce it at A level in the near future. All public examination courses are provided by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
There may also be an opportunity for the right candidate to combine their role with a Head of Sixth Form position, although this is not a requirement. Interested candidates, though, should refer to this in their application.
It is essential to:
- Be able to teach Business Studies up to A level
- Be able to teach Economics up to IGCSE Level
- Be a native-level English speaker
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current, or most recent, Principal
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Teaching Economics at A level
- Working in the international sector
- Teaching the CAIE courses
St. Stephen’s is located in the north of Bangkok, close to Don Muang Airport and the world famous Chatuchak Market. The school is two-form entry and caters to students from Nursery to Year 13.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply to the Principal, via the online application form (see below) and send a CV, with a recent photograph, directly to email@example.com.
Please note that St. Stephen’s International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including a criminal record disclosure, and other standard pre‐employment safeguarding checks.
Successful overseas candidates for teaching posts will normally be offered:
- A two-year contract, renewable by mutual agreement
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Medical insurance
- Flights to and from home location
- Free tuition for up to two dependent children
- Relocation allowance
Closing date: 3 March 2021
Interviews will be held in Bangkok or by Skype. The school may appoint earlier than the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
St. Stephen's International School (Bangkok Campus)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 2 - 18 years