Economics & Politics Teacher (0.5-1.0)
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 15th November 2018
Interview Date: Friday 30th November 2018
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Economics & Politics Teacher (0.5-1.0) to join their Business, Languages & Humanities team on a permanent basis from January 2019.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding leader, focused on student progress and supporting students into high quality educational and work based destinations.
Trainee Teachers will also be considered for this role.
Main duties include:
· Teach A-Level Economics & Politics, delivering effective learning for students
· Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs or pro rata per annum)
· Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
· Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
· Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
The ideal candidate will have:
· Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
· Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
· Compliance with CPD requirements
· A recognised IT qualification at level 1 or a willingness to achieve a recognised IT qualification at level 1 within 2 years of commencing the role (desirable)
· A higher degree or advanced qualification (desirable)
· Successful teaching experience in a relevant subject area (Economics & Politics)
· Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
How to apply:
If you are interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.