Are you an outstanding teacher, who wants to transform skills education?
The Skills Builder Partnership is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, everyone builds the essential skills to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications.
We are leading the Skills Builder Partnership, which includes over 400 schools and colleges, 100 skills-building organisations and 130 top employers including hospitals, airports and leading international companies.
Our approach is scaling rapidly as we work towards system change, with backing from sector leading organisations including the CBI and the Careers & Enterprise Company. More than 75% of secondary schools and colleges now have a touchpoint with the Skills Builder approach – and our reach is rapidly growing at primary school level too.
To deliver against our mission, we are looking for self-starters with a collaborative, entrepreneurial approach; comfortable influencing stakeholders to make positive change, and with a passion for education.
We want individuals who will be dedicated to building and maintaining a network of partners and supporting them to embed our principles and framework into their organisations with outstanding impact.
To build credibility, we are looking for evidence of high-quality teaching practice in a primary or secondary school in the UK in any subject specialism. We are also looking for someone with strong evidence of relationship building, including the ability to influence senior leaders.
Our Education Associates typically take on more responsibility with strategic and innovation projects as they progress through the organisation. There are opportunities to develop a broad range of skills and experience in different sectors.
If you want to be part of an inspiring team, and benefit from opportunities for rapid growth, development and challenge, we want to hear from you.
What it’s like working for Skills Builder – quotes from our Team Survey:
- "I'm proud to work for Skills Builder, the impact we have and am privileged to be able to work with such brilliant colleagues."
- "It’s always an absolute delight for me to work with just about any member of the team."
(1) Education & Impact Programme Delivery
● Working closely with partners to embed the Skills Builder approach into their institution or organisation
● Training and supporting delivery partners to become confident in building the essential skills of their students and participants
● Problem solving to support impact organisations to optimise for essential skill development and social impact
● Delivering some elements of our programmes directly, such as Challenge Days in school or trips to employers
● Driving consistency using established systems and processes
(2) Relationship Management
● Building and maintaining excellent relationships with schools and colleges or impact organisations
● Setting clear partnership objectives and demonstrating the impact of programmes
● Working with partners to achieve the six principles for effective essential skills development
● Ensuring the continued engagement of partners through re-enrolment, and by engaging them with broader packages
(3) Curriculum Planning & Resource Design
● Planning new curriculum content for our programmes and platforms
● Identifying and implementing improvements to existing curriculum content
Technical Skills and Experience:
● An experienced and qualified teacher, you will be someone who loves learning and working with people, with a passion for innovative education practice, and always trying to improve your own teaching.
● You will have demonstrable experience of developing relationships to build and maintain effective networks.
Salary: £28,000-£34,000 subject to review in 12 months
Start Date: as soon as possible (and no later than May)
Working hours: Flexible but ideally 40 hours per week (although occasional early starts and evening work will be needed)
Holidays: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays and potential to buy up to 5 days
Contract length: Permanent
Location: The roles will either be based out of our London or will be remote. They may involve travel, primarily across the respective region, as well as occasionally to other regions and offices.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via our online form - on completion of the online application please also send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This round of applications ends at 9am on 1st March 2021 with interviews taking place on weeks commencing 8th and 15th March 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to explore our work at www.skillsbuilder.org before applying.
The Skills Builder Partnership is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Our recruitment process is designed to give you a sense of what this role as part of the Skills Builder team would be like. We follow best practice of blind-scoring applications and use the Skills Builder Universal Framework when assessing candidates’ essential skills.
Skills Builder Partnership