Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and highly motivated personnel for the position of Education Officer -Behaviour Support (1.0 FTE).
As a member of the Student Support Unit within Teaching and Learning Services, the Education Officer - Behaviour Support will assist primary and secondary schools in building their capacity to implement frameworks, programs and practices to support students with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
The applicant has:
- a sound understanding of, and commitment to Catholic Education;
- post graduate special education qualifications or psychology qualifications (with experience working in schools);
- significant knowledge and experience in supporting individual students with behavioural, emotional, and mental health difficulties in schools (K-12);
- the ability to support a school-wide approach in responding to students with complex needs and challenging behaviour through the implementation of whole school frameworks such as Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and KidsMatter;
- a working knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act and the Disability Standards for Education and their implications in the school setting;
- the ability to support schools in the selection and implementation of SEL programs (K-12);
- the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver professional development for school staff and parents;
- excellent organisational, communication and information technology skills;
- understanding and experience in case management;
- drivers licence and own vehicle;
- current Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
How to Apply
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/