Position: Education Recruitment Officer (Attraction)
Salary Range: $68,210 - $71,524 per annum pending experience
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract
Commencing Date: October 2021
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021
Townsville Catholic Education supports a diverse region extending from Townsville to the Burdekin and Whitsunday regions in the South, North to Ingham and Halifax, South-West to Winton, and West to the border with the Northern Territory, encompassing Mount Isa and several small, isolated western towns and east to Palm Island.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
The Townsville Catholic Education Office is seeking an experienced and committed Education Recruitment Officer (Attraction) for a Fixed Term contract covering a period of Maternity Leave ideally starting in early-mid October 2021 until 30 September 2022.
The Education Recruitment Officer (Attraction) reports directly to the HR Education Partner (Recruitment and Talent) and provides support across a broad range of human capital functions including supporting workforce planning, recruitment and selection, and resourcing logistics. The Education Recruitment Officer (Attraction) will also play an important role in identifying and implementing process improvements as well as assisting with the roll-out of approved projects.
- Coordination of the TCE recruitment and selection function including drafting and posting job advertisements across multiple recruitment and media platforms, co-ordinating shortlisting, scheduling interview/selection processes and completing the credentialing process to support a positive and compliant candidate experience
- Coordination of interview/selection process for Senior Leadership and TCE Office based roles in consultation with the relevant line manager
- Development and review of Position Descriptions in consultation with hiring managers to support recruitment functions
- Provide a central recruitment and selection support service and advice to schools to ensure a commitment to informed and compliant processes
- Investigate advertising campaigns (both digital and traditional media) and recruitment strategies to assist talent acquisition
- Act as a point of contact for recruitment agencies and third party providers seeking advice or further information regarding advertised or future positions in consultation with the HR Education Partner (Recruitment and Talent) and Human Resources Manager
- Provide support to the HR Education Partner (Recruitment and Talent) and Human Resources Manager in talent management, including workforce planning, succession planning and knowledge management across the Diocese
- Contribute to the development and implementation of talent attraction strategies across a vast geographical footprint
- Act as point of contact for job seekers requiring advice or further information regarding advertised positions
- Manage/maintain the talent pool and advise applicants in the pool of suitable positions that arise
- Work in accordance with the Recruitment and Selection Guidelines ensuring a commitment to thorough, compliant and streamlined processes
- Operating in accordance with the Recruitment and Selection Guidelines, screen applications for Supply Teachers and School Officers, conduct referee checks, add their details to third party candidate management systems and relevant supply platforms if suitable, and collect information from schools regarding feedback and recommendations
- Update and maintain the Supply Teacher/School Officer database and associated resources
- Assist TCE departments to source and engage Supply teachers and School Officers to support the delivery of TCE projects and professional development
- Undertake relevant research to assist in the development of HR procedures, guidelines and strategies
- Develop relationships with other HR teams in Catholic Dioceses across Queensland and QLD Department of Education and Training to aid in the development of procedures, guidelines and strategies
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality, sensitivity and empathy in the handling of all matters.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Human Resource role, with a broad base of HR generalist skills, including focused recruitment and selection in a medium to large organisation
- Experienced user in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and Word), Google applications and database administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice HR processes and contemporary and innovative recruitment and selection initiatives
- Good working knowledge of HR Management Information Systems/Talent platforms
- Exceptional administrative skills with the ability to maintain a commitment to compliance and integrity of processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, negotiation and problem solving with capacity to interact effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Self-motivation with a can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and triage conflicting deadlines in a busy environment
- Capacity and willingness to work both effectively in a team and autonomously when required
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research to prepare and present recommendations and lead recruitment campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply the provisions of awards, legislation, policies, and procedures
- A commitment to diplomacy when dealing with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Respect for the confidentiality of employee’s personal information and records
- Ability to build rapport quickly and establish positive working relationships with school leaders throughout the Townsville Diocese
- Minimum tertiary qualifications at Diploma level or equivalent qualifications/experience relevant to the position
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
- Certificate IV in Human Resources or higher
- Experience in the education or training/VET sector
Some employees may be subject to pre-employment medical assessments during the selection process. Depending on the nature of the role, it may be necessary for successful applicants to be immunised against certain preventable diseases in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $68,210 - $71,524 per annum pending experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave if eligible
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume
- Upload a cover letter to support your application.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
- For a confidential conversation please contact Amanda Reed, Human Resources Manager on 0747730900
- For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Human Resources email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 19 September 2021.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
View other vacancies here.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education