Education Support Worker
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications for this position is previous experience supporting young people.
We are currently recruiting for Education Support Workers to provide additional support interventions to students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in a Further Education environment. The posts are on a long-term basis, full-time and part-time.
Support will be based in small groups or on a 1:1 basis. The position would include liaising collaboratively with colleagues and outside agencies to ensure the correct support is in place for identified learners. Case-load working is essential to this position, as is the ability to maintain student records.
To be considered for the Education Support Worker position you will:
- Have significant experience working with people with learning difficulties, behavioural difficulties or disabilities
- Recent experience in an educational setting
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C or above
- The willingness to undertake any relevant training
- A genuine desire to become part of a committed team of Support Workers
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker's Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are an Education Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on 01484 642892.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd