Do you want to work in a school…
- That has undergone rapid cultural and transformational change?
- That is the 27th most improved school nationally for its GCSE results and is in the top 5% of all schools nationally for its A Level results?
- Where the teacher is valued as the expert?
- That has a very clear and systematic approach to student care and behaviour, with a centralised approach and its own alternative provision?
- That takes workload seriously? That has a clear workload charter, has a rational approach to marking. restricts email use at weekends and during holidays and does not see 1265 as a target to meet?
- That believes in co-planning, retrieval practice, Direct Instruction and traditional approaches to teaching?
- That values its staff and has a strong approach to CPD?
- That is an Investors in People Gold School and an IQM Flagship School?
- That is an all-through setting?
- That prioritises a ‘Knowledge Rich’ curricular approach, valuing hugely the importance of the curriculum?
- That offers subject teams a weekly meeting?
- Where the senior team are on the ground and are highly supportive?
- Where, as the staff themselves have cited, ‘leadership inspires them’?
- That has attracted a lot of positive national attention, where members of staff speak nationally and internationally?
- That is the home of ResearchED Northampton?
- Where the staff are fully behind our ambition for excellence?
- That is values-driven, wanting the very best for the students?
- That has a clear coaching culture to help drive improvement?
- Where we take research seriously and have our own action research team?
- Where people feel valued, and morale is high across the school?
The Duston School is looking to appoint two Education Welfare Officers to work alongside key school staff in school to be responsible for excellent attendance, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families directly to promote high levels of attendance.
We have one permanent post and a fixed term post for one year.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A knowledge rich curriculum.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
The Duston School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years