Classroom Teacher Job Description and Compensation
The teacher has the responsibility of leading students toward the fulfillment of his/her potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth. Teachers are responsible for stimulating maximum learning on the part of the students assigned to them by providing a good environment, and by guiding sound curriculum experiences and activities in the classroom, the school, and the community. The teacher reports to the building principal or other designated leadership.
Contract Length: 2 years
Number of Vacancies: 3
Student Level: Grades 1 - 4
• Licensed Teacher
• Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
• Major: Elementary Education
• For visa purposes, must be under 55 years of age
• Work Visa
• Medical Insurance
• Renewable Contract (Upon successful completion of probation)
• Annual round-trip air flight to country of origin
• Tuition assistance for up to 2 dependent children
• Housing on campus
The teacher has the responsibility to lead students toward the fulfillment of his/her potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth.
Teachers are responsible for stimulating maximum learning on the part of the pupils assigned to them by providing a good environment and by guiding sound curriculum experiences and activities in the classroom, the school, and the community. The teacher reports to the building principal or other designated leadership.
• Create standards-based lesson plans
• Develop Tier 1 interventions, and enrichment activities according to
• Collect, document, and analyze data as appropriate to best practices
• Incorporate cross-curricular objectives into weekly plans
• Complete interim and report cards with effective feedback
• Conduct internal continuous assessments and external assessments as
warranted by the school's plan
• Engage in common planning, and professional development as a value-
added member of the school team
• Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times
• Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective
learning within the limits of the resources provided by the division, with
responsibility for the order and progress of his/her classes
• Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation
upon request of the immediate supervisor
• Assist students in setting and maintaining standards of classroom
• Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials, and facilities with responsibility for the neatness of his/her room and the proper care of all furniture and supplies
• Evaluate student progress on a regular basis
• Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media,
consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the
needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
• Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law and
• Be available to students and parents for education-related purposes
outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under
the reasonable term
• Comply with and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and
School Board policies
• Attend and participate in faculty meetings as well as other professional
meetings called by the administrative staff
• Cooperate with other members of staff in planning instructional goals,
objectives, and methods
• Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials
• Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others
• Accomplish reasonable special assignments as assigned by the principal
• Provide for his/her own professional growth through an on-going program of study, including workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning
• Perform other school duties as assigned
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- Over 24 and below 45 years of age
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School
SAPS is located on Sultan Qaboos University Campus, Al Khoudh area, Muscat.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 8 years