Aldar Education is currently seeking Upper Elementry Teacher for Mubarak Bin Mohammed Charter School, Abu Dhabi, for the academic year 2021-2022.
Successful candidates will have a ‘can do’ attitude, as life in a Charter School can be challenging at times, but equally highly rewarding, as our impact upon student learning is clearly visible every day. A sense of humour is vital too!
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
• BA in Education or Bachelor in relevant major and PGCE or equivalent Teaching Qualification.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in the given position.
• Strong experience teaching the American Curriculum.
• Previous experience working with students whose English is not their first language.
• Good knowledge of Primary pedagogy.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background.
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
• Experience of working with students of relevant age in a learning environment / school setting.
• Experience of planning programmes of learning for individuals, groups and whole classes.
• Calm and positive approach
• High level of ability to relate well with children and adults
• Sensitive to the needs of children and parents
• Active listening skills
• Ability to use own initiative when required - Keyboard and ICT skills required
• Committed to continuous professional development.
• Ability to communicate accurately in English
• Desirable to have specialist training in curriculum or learning area and training strategies, as appropriate
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be submitted via the website.
Aldar Education is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
Mubarak Bin Mohamed Cycle One School
Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 10 years