POST: Employability Tutor
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
LOCATION: Swindon (with local travel)
SALARY: £24,500 per annum
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days + 8 bank holiday days paid holiday
INTRODUCTION TO WHITEHEAD-ROSS EDUCATION AND CONSULTING
Whitehead-Ross Education and Consulting (WREC) is an education and social welfare organisation. Founded in 2012, we deliver a variety of high-quality skills-related programmes and social services provision.
Our programmes include support for unemployed individuals to retrain and secure jobs, vocational training programmes, adult education and social services provision such as support for families who have children with disabilities and parenting support.
With a team of 55 staff, we supported 1,200 individuals across our programmes in 2019/2020 in South Wales, Dorset, Wiltshire and Sussex. Our existing clients include five local authorities, the Department for Work and Pensions, and Education & Skills Funding Agency.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
This exciting and varied role will see you working on our new ESF Employment Support in Swindon project. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of short vocational qualifications to unemployed adults aged 16+ and support adult learners to achieve qualifications. This will include the CSCS card in construction, Level 3 Emergency First Aid, Level 2 Safeguarding, Level 2 Food Safety in Catering, Level 2 Leadership and Management and Level 3 Hospitality Leadership. Previous experience of delivering these qualifications is not required as full training and support will be provided.
This position is suitable for a self-starter who would enjoy a varied and fast paced role incorporating delivering learning provision. Performance will be measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering learner recruitment, retention, progress, timely reviews, successful completion and progressions. Quality will be monitored and measured through the organisation’s comprehensive quality assurance and improvement arrangements.
You will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure for this role, which the Company will pay for. A clean driving license and access to own car is also essential.
- Deliver classroom-based City and Guilds qualifications
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs
- Contribute to on-going development of schemes of work and curriculum plans
- Attend and participate in meetings and produce reports as requested
- Attend training events / courses as required, maintaining own CPD and contribute to curriculum development
- Be responsible for and effectively manage a caseload of learners
- Maintain a high standard of training and ensure performance targets are achieved
- Ensure learners understand the requirements of their programme
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance to learners from enrolment to progression, along with signposting to external sources of support
- Monitor and mark learners’ work
- Complete and maintain individual learning plans and progress reviews
- At all times ensure that safe working practices are adopted in compliance with relevant health and safety procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to equality of opportunity and treatment and comply with company policy and procedures and relevant legislation relating to equality and diversity
- Coach, guide and encourage learners to give them the necessary skills, motivation and knowledge to progress, supporting learners to apply for jobs and enrol on further learning courses
- Facilitate effective timely reviews with learners and provide appropriate pastoral support to learners to enable them to complete their courses
- To lead on marketing and engaging with external stakeholders to ensure that learners are recruited and enrolled on the courses
- Any other reasonable request or duties commensurate to the post
- Teaching qualification
- (i.e. PGCE, Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
- English and Mathematics qualification at Level 2
- Previous experience of delivering Adult Community Learning
- Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Able to work accurately towards targets and deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with learners from a wide range of abilities
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- Committed to inclusion
- Patient and understanding
Whitehead Ross Education and Consulting
Fleming Way, Swindon, SN1