*** PLEASE NOTE: These positions are only open to teachers currently residing in Vietnam - we are unable to process overseas applications at this time.
Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and licensed English Foreign Language Teachers to join our international teaching team. Successful applicants will teach English as a Foreign Language classes at Primary/Secondary (through Grade 12) levels in a non-profit bilingual school system. Successful applicants will be suitably trained and qualified, as well as being fully committed to supporting the development of students through curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Essential Responsibilities (included, but not limited to):
· Teaching English as a Foreign Language to students according to the requirements of the school curriculum.
· Preparing curriculum and lesson plans, and teaching materials for class instruction and activities.
· Adapting teaching methods, learning strategies and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students.
· Conducting assessments of student attainment, monitoring student academic progress and providing pertinent feedback.
· Establishing classroom expectations, observing and evaluating student performance, behavior, social development and health.
· Conferring with teachers, parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to address behavioral or academic issues.
· Preparing and implementing remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
· Attending faculty meetings, professional development training and school events.
· Planning and working on extracurricular activities such as clubs, academic contests, etc.
· Performing miscellaneous professional duties as assigned by the Principal/Director.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor/Master in Education + TEFL/TESOL/CELTA
PGCE /Teaching license or equivalent + TEFL/TESOL/CELTA
· DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional
background screening may be required in accordance with child
protection and safeguarding expectations.
· Please provide a sample Lesson Plan for a 35 to 45 minute lesson.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
· Fluent level English speaker with an accent discernible to Vietnamese students. Citizens of non- English speaking countries are required by the Vietnam government to provide evidence of C1 level of English proficiency (According to CEFR) before the issuance of a work permit.
· Strong presentation, communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
· Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations, and teamwork.
· Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted, and positive outlook.
· Online LMS/teaching experience or willingness to adapt.
- International medical insurance, including Covid-19 coverage
- Paid holidays and summer payment
- Accommodation/housing allowance provided
- Discount for children's tuition fee (bilingual education)
- Vísa, Work permit and residence card provided
Vinschool - Times City High School
Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years