The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a fast-growing group of British, International and Local Curriculum schools around the world, aiming to be the Schools of Choice in their local areas. Learning is at the heart of everything we do for our students, colleagues, parents, and we are committed to getting better through Amazing Learning.
Tenby Schools Malaysia is a part of ISP and our Tenby schools across Malaysia are located in Ipoh, Penang, Setia Alam, Semenyih, Tropicana Aman and Johor Bahru.
As part of our on-going commitment to our students and parents we are recruiting the following position for August – September 2019 and January 2020 start:
EAL (English as Additional Language) Teacher
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for English Language teaching and assimilation into the mainstream curriculum for EAL students having little or no English language skills
- Equip EAL students with the necessary English vocabulary, oral and writing skills
- Work closely with parents, class and subject teachers to continuously support the English needs of EAL students
- Successfully write and implement EAL Teaching and Improvement/Development Plans
- Analyse assessment data to measure EAL students’ progress
- To uphold and be driven by the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests
- To deliver INSET/training to staff as part of the CPD programme
- To assist the School with developing greater ‘impact on learning’ practices
- To have sound knowledge and practice of the National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking
- To be an excellent practitioner
- To be a self-starter
- To be a team player
- To possess excellent time management, communication and people skills
- To contribute to the wider School Community
- Bachelor’s Degree with teaching qualification
- Additional CELTA/TEFL/TESL qualification preferred and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in TESL/TEFL
- 3-4 years’ experience as a Secondary EAL Teacher
- Able to commence in August – September 2019 and/or January 2020
- Competitive salary
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
Please send in a letter of application with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)