Our Lady’s College is a Catholic Secondary College for girls administered by Brisbane Catholic Education. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1964, we take as our motto and challenge, “Ad Altiora” (Ever Higher). We follow the example of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop and hope to imbue in our girls the spirit of justice, compassion, integrity and service. As our Mission Statement indicates, our College has a friendly and caring environment that values tradition, excellence and community. Our aim is to create independent, self directed and reflective young women who can contribute positively to our ever changing world.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a Full time/Fixed Term position teaching Humanities/English. The ability to teach Religious Education would be highly regarded.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment,
• For the classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 27 April 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the remainder of the 2021 School year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Paula Goodwin
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3426 8000
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education