English KS5 Coordinator.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Southwark. The academy are looking to add an English KS5 Coordinator to its progressive and supportive English Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of English at GCSE and A-level across year groups 9 to 13. You will support the Head of English to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring leader to develop their career with the support of an excellent leadership and strong school culture at the academy. The role is ideally suited for an exceptional practitioner who is committed to inspiring the next generation of young people in fulfilling their aspirations.
• To manage the professional community of subject teachers to ensure high attainment in English across Key Stage 5
• To lead our A Level curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment
• To support the leadership of a high-performing English department alongside the Subject Leader of English and the Assistant Principal for Communications faculty.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant English Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering English at A-level, pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1425030 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1425030 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...