Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational English Lead on a full-time permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a co-educational, independent specialist day school that provides high quality education. Based in Windsor, the school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils with complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
The school building itself is breath-taking. With amazing new learning spaces and a great support team, it all equals a truly uplifting and inspiring teaching environment – one that is now welcoming new teachers into the fold, thanks to the popularity of its offering and increased pupil numbers.
It will be one of the largest in its family of schools, with capacity of up to 130 young people, 90 of whom will be in the Secondary provision. The school expect the school to reach optimum capacity in 4 years, that’s 130 children and young people’s lives the school can make a real difference to across the region.
The group is the leading provider of specialist education and care for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, communication difficulties (autistic spectrum conditions, Asperger’s Syndrome, speech, language and communication needs), complex learning needs and challenging behaviours. Their expert blend of therapeutic, emotional and educational support provides unmatched value for local authorities as they focus on each child, giving them stability and support they need.
- "Raising literacy and creating positive behaviour strategies will be your focus here, right across both the primary and secondary schools – and not simply within English lessons themselves. As an English Teacher, you won’t just be teaching our young people to read and write, you’ll be helping them learn to communicate better, while steering their moral and emotional development through engagement with the written word. This kind of learning doesn’t end when the bell goes – it’s something they’ll carry with them from lesson to lesson and throughout life. Keeping subjects relevant and making them matter to our young people is a big part of the groups philosophy. By joining the English department, you’ll be putting your passion into practice and using your own personal flair to make sure we reflect this idea in everything we do.
- You’ll be working with young people until the end of Key Stage 4. It will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure, but whether you’ve given a particularly inspiring lesson or helped a pupil with a presentation or exam arrangements, you can expect to take home a sense of having done something amazing every single day. As all teachers know, some of those days may be harder than others but, you’re never alone. You’ll work as part of a collaborative team, not just with other teachers across the school and Group but with our in-house psychologists, family liaison officers and therapy professionals. All pulling together to create the best possible outcomes for our pupils."
The Successful Candidate:
- Good honours degree
- Qualified teacher status
- Drive and passion when it comes to addressing individuals’ educational needs
- Experience working with children with SEMH
- Experience teaching to KS4
- Great communication skills and the ability to take a team approach in a range of areas, including challenging behaviour management
- A highly competitive salary
- Full school holidays
- Class sizes of maximum 8 pupils
- Teacher pension scheme or a range of flexible pension options to suit personal circumstances (where applicable)
- A comprehensive, market-leading induction and ongoing training
- Extensive Group staff benefits, such as a Medicash Health Plan/Employee Assistance and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free lunches
- Free DBS Enhanced checks for all new employees
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1377904
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...