Who We Are
The purpose of YueCheng Education (YCE) is to provide a future-oriented education for the children of Chinese and expatriate families living in Beijing. Founded on a passion to challenge and empower young people to live fulfilling and productive lives, YCE opened Beijing City International School (www.bcis.cn) in 2005. With the support of the YueCheng Educational Research Institute (YERI), this innovative school has provided the bedrock for YCE to extend its not-for-profit services to a wider community. The Learning Frontier (www.learningfrontier.cn) provides specialist support for children with learning and developmental needs, and the recently opened Reading Frontier (www.readingfrontier.com) inspires in children a passion for reading for life. YCE has now begun the construction of a network of Frontier Kindergartens, mainly for Chinese children. The strength of YCE lies in the quality of its international and Chinese staff, and the mutual support extended between the different but complementary institutions. YueCheng Education is an equal opportunity employer.
The Reading Frontier (RF) program is a member program of YueCheng Education (YCE), Beijing, which governs and supports a number of schools and programs. These serve different purposes but share a common educational philosophy and values. The RF provides evening and weekend classes for small groups elementary age students. It is housed in a small facility within a large modern building. In addition to several classrooms the facilities include a beautiful, well-stocked library of English language books.
The purpose of The Reading Frontier (RF) is to nurture in students a passion for reading and to teach the skills and habits required to maintain this passion throughout life. The program is intended for students aged four to twelve.
RF is an innovative, inquiry-based program in which students are motivated to channel their natural curiosity through the guided investigation of topics of great personal interest. In this way students harness the power of reading to enhance their critical and creative thinking skills. At the end of the program each student applies their new learning by presenting a creative project of their choice.
To know more about us at www.readingfrontier.com
Who We Are Looking For
1. Fluent English speaker
2. B.A. or M.A. in Education or equivalent
3. Internationally recognized teaching certification
4. Minimum 3 years’ teaching experience K-8. Knowledge of current reading levelling systems and reading series, experience in teaching English reading preferred
5. Experience in inquiry-based learning
6. Ability to meet the learning needs of students acquiring English as a second language
Reporting to: RF Director
1. Teach English reading curriculum to students aged 5-12 in small groups based on established unit and lesson plans.
2. Implement criterion-based assessment for both formative and summative assessment.
3. Ensure that curriculum and assessment are implemented according to the curriculum
4. Maintain student progress files.
5. Inform parents regularly of students’ progress.
6. Maintain effective discipline in the classroom and ensure the safety and security of the children at all times.
7. Participate in social and marketing promotional activities.
8. Participate in training seminars to enhance and develop professional teaching skills.
• Maintain an attitude that is proactive, energetic, positive, open, honest, friendly and professional.
• Demonstrate ability to be flexible to work requirements/commitments/ hours when necessary.
• Love teaching and kids.
• Strong communication, coordination and problem solving skills.
• Multicultural, open-minded, creative, and outgoing.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary and benefit package based on experience
• Visa sponsorship for expat employees
• Paid leaves
• Medical insurance for full time employees
• Multicultural working environment
• Training and career development opportunities
Requirements for applying:
• Resume and application letter
• Letters of Recommendation/Reference if applicable
• Supportive documents if applicable
Applications can be sent directly to HR department of Yuecheng Education at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position in the email subject.
YueCheng Education Management Company Ltd
- International schools & colleges