Join this consistently successful department where English is taught in ability groups with access to a well-equipped Learning Resource Centre and computer room. Students follow the National Curriculum at KS3 and 4, and are prepared for AQA Language and Literature at GCSE starting in Year 9. At A level, English Literature and English Literature/Language are popular choices and achieve excellent results.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner of English to support the leadership of this successful department at KS4.
- You must have high expectations, strong classroom management skills and good subject knowledge.
- You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills.
- You need to have excellent curriculum knowledge, be able to respond to deadlines and be able to support the professional development of staff.
We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join us.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and develop in your role
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
This role is to start from September 2019
Closing date: Tuesday 30 April 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. To apply today, click the 'Quick Apply' button below.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.