North Cambridge Academy has a progress score of +0.23 (2018) and is in the top 30% of schools nationally and the top 12% of schools given its context. You are looking at a small school where you will make a profound difference to children’s life chances.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented English teacher to join a thriving and successful department. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQT’s alike. The successful candidate will be joining our very successful English department, a dynamic group of individuals that pride themselves on offering an incredible learning experience for pupils and a collaborative, exciting working environment for the whole English team.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A believer in the potential of young people, with a mind-set that all children can experience success.
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence
- A team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively.
Teachers at North Cambridge Academy can look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
We can offer you
- Induction programme for new staff including unique CPD Trust wide package
- Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
- Leadership coaching from Trust wide professionals as well as in school training
- Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
- Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
- Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day.
- Ample on site car parking in a city location.
- A member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area.
North Cambridge Academy moved into a brand new state of the art building two years ago, which affords us an excellent working and learning environment. We are situated to the north of the city, approximately a mile from the centre of Cambridge. There is easy access from the A14 and we are close to the new Cambridge North train station. Cambridge is a vibrant university city with a growing reputation as a great place to live for both individuals and families.
We encourage visits before interview and these can be arranged by contacting Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal email@example.com
If you would like to join an Academy demonstrating a serious commitment to impact on pupil progress we welcome your applicaton
Please note that we do not accept CV’s.
For further information please contact Alison Gallagher PA to the Principal firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01223 491 530
North Cambridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that the post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.