We are looking for an enthusiastic, qualified English teacher to work with the senior team to deliver outstanding teaching at the brand new academy, committed to working with young people to raise their aspirations and instil a passion for learning.
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is opening in a brand new and easily accessible state of the art campus in South Norwood in September 2018. Providing an outstanding vocational education, the sixth form will prepare students for skills based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and surrounding boroughs. Integral to this new academy will be an alternative provision centre, Harris Aspire, made up of both key stage 3 and key stage 4 pupils. Aspire will take a welfare driven, pastoral approach to supporting students in reframing attitudes to education, without sacrificing educational progress and attainment. Utilising a rich curriculum which blends both academic and vocational subjects, teachers and a range of therapeutic professionals will work as one team to break down barriers to education whilst supporting the intellectual, emotional and social development of the pupils in our care.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
Who we are looking for:
A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach a range of qualifications including re-sit courses for KS5 students. You will need to be able to work well in a team, have presence and authority in a classroom setting and able to deliver at least consistently good lessons. The academy would consider a newly qualified teacher for the role.
Why work at Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form?
- The opportunity to be part of a brand new academy for young people in Croydon and the surrounding areas
- State-of-the-art facilities for each course, with modern classrooms and learning suites
- Excellent prospects for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits.
For more information or to arrange a discussion with the Principal, please contact Lorraine Cater on L.Cater@harrisaspire.org.uk.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. This programme is for teachers aspiring to take up middle leadership positions, and led by some of the most talented principals in the country who are highly experienced in improving outcomes for pupils and students. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.