We are looking for an English Teacher in a school which offers excellent opportunities for professional development. The new post-holder will be a strong classroom practitioner with a commitment to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of the learning habits and personal dispositions of our students.
The main purposes of this teaching role are to achieve outstanding examination results for all classes taught, to lead an outstanding tutor group within a pastoral year team and to promote the school’s ethos and vision through, for example, active engagement with the school’s house system. This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic teacher as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond (the school’s first GCSEs will be in 2021). Our oldest Year group started Year 9 in September 2018 so this post is ideally suited to a teacher who is passionate about curriculum design and development, especially at KS4.
Ealing Fields High School is a member of the Twyford Trust family of schools; the school opened as a Free School in 2016 and became part of the Twyford CE Academies Trust on 1st September 2017. Ealing Fields is the smallest of the Trust schools, with only 120 in each year group and therefore has a very compact community identity. The school now has three year groups (7 - 9), totalling 360 students, and the staff community, though still small, is very positive and highly motivated. The school will move into its new building during 2019-20 but until then will remain situated in temporary accommodation in Wyke Gardens. Staff joining at this time are likely to have a highly motivated drive towards building an outstanding school community within an already highly successful Trust.
For more information about the school please visit the Twyford Trust and Ealing Fields websites. For more information about the role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach English to at least KS4
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum in your subject in at least two key stages
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum to Key Stage 5
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to the ethos of the school
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday 20 June 2019
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
You will also be expected to sign and adhere to the school’s SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE and SAFE WORKING PRACTICE AGREEMENT which is available as a download on the school website Vacancies page.