Are you looking for a forward thinking school with a strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team?
Would you like to work in a school which is popular, ambitious and oversubscribed?
Would you like to teach in an extremely high performing English and Media department alongside passionate and supportive colleagues?
Are you a consistently excellent teacher of English – or if at the start of your career, do you have a drive to be the best teacher you can be?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School would love to hear from you.
Through the “Douay Way”, we believe all students can achieve amazing things and grow into outstanding men and women.
The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School is currently recruiting for a dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate English teacher to join our welcoming and successful school.This post is suitable for NQTs or an experienced practitioner who is motivated to teach engaging lessons that will stimulate and challenge students.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to, plan and deliver consistently effective and high quality lessons to all key stage groups, maximising student progress.
• Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the school academy and its learners.
• Be a passionate Teacher of English who is determined to continuously evaluate and improve their practice for the benefit of student progress.
Why work for The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School:
• Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Extensive CPD opportunities, including support for MA Study.
• To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form and be part of the DOWAT Trust and the collaboration it offers.
• Bespoke CPD for new and emerging school leaders.
• Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
• Our school has excellent transport links and is minutes away from the Piccadilly, Metropolitan and Central tube lines and is on the local bus route. We are located close by to the A40, M25 and M40 Motorways.
• Staff are encouraged to join in Extra-Curricular activities and School visits, some overseas, are a strong feature of school life.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Leaders are ambitious for their pupils”.
“Leaders motivate staff through highly effective training”.
“Pupils develop a strong spiritual, moral and social understanding because of the opportunities they are given in school”.
“The school offers an extensive range of extra-curricular activities for pupils”.
“Pupils who met with inspectors were confident and self-aware. They enjoy the vast range of leadership and other opportunities available in school”.
“The behaviour of pupils is good. There is a calm orderly environment around the school”.
“There is an exceptionally wide range of enrichment opportunities which helps students to develop personal and social skills. Student retention between Year 12 and Year 13 is high because of this support”.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed, please contact Mrs Gill Johnston, Headteachers PA on 01895 679400 to arrange a convenient time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.