Salary: MPS £29,915 - £41,136 per annum
Hours: Full Time
The Young People’s Academy is a secondary co-educational special school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, based in Hillingdon. The school aims to provide a therapeutic environment to support young people’s academic journey and psychological wellbeing.
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with students that present with mental health needs and challenging behaviours. This role is ideal for individuals who want to work within education, health and social care.
The ideal candidate
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
• An ability to engage in reflective practice and work with restorative justice approaches.
• A non-judgmental and empathic approach to young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs and their families.
• Strong behaviour management skills.
• A genuine passion for education.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• An energetic and enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Resilient and persevering personality.
• Both a friendly and professional manner.
To apply for this role, please send us your completed application to email@example.com. Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Applications deadline: 22nd May 2021
Interview: 26th May 2021
Start date: September 2021
OHCAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The Young People's Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years