Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher for an innovative secondary school in Greenwich, South East London. This full time English Teacher maternity cover position will commence in April 2019 and will be responsible for teaching a timetable of key stage 3 and key stage 4. The new English Teacher will settle in to a growing school who share a vision with where their pupils gain the skills and knowledge for them to become independent learners. The school is looking for likeminded educational practitioners to deliver an innovative curriculum for the future.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Full time
• April 2019 start
• Maternity cover
• Deliver timetable to KS3 – KS4
• Salary between £28,660- £39, 006 (dependent on experience)
About the School
• Smaller than average class sizes
• Moving to new buildings in 2020
• Supportive head teacher and senior leadership team
• All new staff are allocated a dedicated mentor
• 10 minutes from London Bridge, 5 minutes from Lewisham DLR
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Successful track record of improving pupils performance
• Ability to implement systems to develop students both emotionally, pastorally and academically
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR2634.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.