Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained teachers to consider an English Teacher position at an outstanding Academy in Merton, South West London. This position will be available to start in September 2019, with a permanent contract on offer for the right candidate. We are ideally looking for someone who can teach Media Teacher up to year 12 but this is not essential to apply.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Teaching across a whole secondary timetable
• $55,00AUD to $70,000AUD (depending on experience)
• Generous signing on bonuses
• Full time
• Permanent contract available
About the School
• “Outstanding” rated school
• Accessible via public transport and car
• Co-ed academy based in the heart of Merton
• 11 to 19
• Generous staff packages available including health plans, gym memberships and more.
About the location
• The borough of Merton is located in South London, forming part of inner London
• Accommodation is reasonably affordable with a good choice of converted flats, house-shares and apartments.
• Home to the famous tennis championship, Wimbledon
• Great transport links into Central London.
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a English Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers:
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN924RXP
If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN924RXP.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.