The Thomas Aveling School is a popular and over-subscribed school and you will join a motivated, supportive and friendly team who make a valuable contribution to the success of the academy.
In addition, the highly successful English Department is both fully resourced and enjoys excellent facilities. This is a full-time position and full support and induction will be provided, with the opportunity for a 1st July start date.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent practitioner
• Have the knowledge and experience, or ambition to teach across the whole range of age and abilities
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and wellbeing are achieved
This post would suit either a newly qualified teacher, for whom full support and induction will be provided, or a more experienced teacher looking for an opportunity to develop their career in a forward thinking and ambitious academy.
• a comprehensive induction programme to teachers at all stages of their career
• private health care cover
Closing date for applications: 9am on Thursday 20th December 2018 Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Letters of application, together with completed application form (available on the school website) giving full details of qualifications and experience to date should be sent to:
Mr P Jackson, Headteacher, Thomas Aveling School, Arethusa Road, Rochester, ME1 2UW or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Thomas Aveling School is an Equal Opportunities Employer - committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students. Any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for all successful applicants.