The British International School of Stavanger Gausel is a World International Baccalaureate School. We are currently recruiting for a talented and inspirational Middle Years Programme teacher for a temporary position in our Secondary Department. The position will start on 1st August 2020 and continue until 30th June 2021.
You will be working as part of a highly motivated and collaborative team to offer a balanced curriculum that promotes the acquisition of key skills and behaviours through inquiry-based learning.
We work hard to create a very special learning experience for our students by employing inspirational teachers who respect every child and believe that whatever background or prior learning the child has, every child has the capacity to excel.
The post is for BISS Gausel, Gauselbakken 107, 4032 Gausel, Stavanger
- An approved teaching qualification (IB curriculum experience is an advantage)
- Experience teaching Secondary students
The successful candidate will also:
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice and commitment to CPD
- Be passionate about inspiring the love of learning in students
- Have strong interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be open minded, reflective and flexible with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Be comfortable using ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a collaborative and consultative approach when working in teams
Send your application to the Principal Fiona Rhodes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 18th March 2020. We reserve the right to interview earlier than the closing date if suitable candidates are established.
BISS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).