Maternity cover contract in the first instance until June 2018 or return of the current post-holder, whichever is sooner. There may be the possibility of this leading to a permanent position at the Academy.
We are a forward-thinking Academy based in Weston-super-Mare, providing education to 600 students at KS3/KS4. Our children are excited to learn, are real ambassadors for our diverse community and they benefit from a hugely positive and supportive learning environment.
We are part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF). The CLF is one of only 30 National Maths Hubs and is the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West. The CLF currently sponsors 16 academies including Secondary Schools, Primaries and a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19.
We are seeking an outstanding practitioner to join our English department, teaching KS3 and KS4. In this role, you will:
- take responsibility for the learning of allocated groups of students - planning, delivering, facilitating and assessing their learning;
- take responsibility for your professional learning and development by taking part in the Academy performance management process and attending INSET and CPD sessions as required;
- take responsibility, with the support of the College Leader, for a learning family, supporting students through academic mentoring and PSHE sessions and on Learning Review days as required and contributing to enrichment activities within the Academy.
To be successful, you will:
- be a qualified teacher;
- be a committed professional with a high level of emotional intelligence;
- be keen to create something unique and move beyond expectations in learning for life;
- be keen to share our passion to deliver an outstanding student experience;
- have the ability to deliver outstanding results;
- be an excellent communicator;
- be innovative, creative and flexible in your approach to achieve the best results.
In return, the CLF will provide you with a hugely positive and supportive learning environment, and the opportunity to participate in both Academy and pan-federation professional development from a wide network of high quality education professionals.
To apply, please visit http://www.cabotlearningfederation.net/vacancies/hans-price-academy-english-teacher/
Closing date: Noon on 23rd August 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre-employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Please note that if you have not had a response within two weeks of the advert closing date then you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.