MPR / UPR
New Rickstones Academy is graded ‘Good’ and has a state of the art new building offering fantastic facilities for both students and staff alike. We have a committed and ambitious team which includes colleagues from Future Leaders, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy.
We are recruiting an outstanding English Teacher to join our team. Reporting to the Head of English, you will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven, and passionate about English then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from NQTs as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that will engage, enthuse and motivate our learners to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- A drive for continuous improvement to help maintain an outstanding English department.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher with excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of an academy moving forward at pace
- BHSF membership which provides support and employee benefits including a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare costs, an employee assistance programme and savings from a range of retailers
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Discounted membership at Witham Leisure Centre and linked centres in the Fusion Group.
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact Matt Davies, Head of English, for an informal discussion about the post and to arrange a visit to the academy - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01376 515 756.
We work closely with our sister academy, Maltings Academy (graded outstanding), also in Witham. Although this role is based at New Rickstones Academy, all new staff contracts are to work across both academies.
This position is required to commence Easter or September 2019.
Closing date: Monday 14 January 2019.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.