Smart Teachers is recruiting for an English Teacher to join wonderful school situated in Surrey (TW17). This permanent post is available to start as soon as possible and is suitable for both experienced teachers and NQTs alike. This role will include teaching KS3 and KS4 students only and may include after-school activities/revision sessions. Additionally, this school are specifically committed to investing in the future of their staff through various different vices such as CPD opportunities.
About the Role
• English Teacher
• Teaching 11-16 years old students with full teaching responsibility; may include after school activities/revision sessions
• Temporary to Permanent contract
• £26,000 to £39,000 – MPS depending on experience
• Suitable for NQTs and those with experience
• Extensive extra-curricular activities available
About the School
• Rated ‘Good with Outstanding features’ by Ofsted – striving for an ‘Outstanding’ rating in next inspection
• An average sized mixed secondary that has gained various awards relating to the provision of a performing arts academy
• Heavily over-subscribed school
• Supportive of staff wishing to continue their education such as their Master’s Degree or other professional qualifications
• In 2016 the school achieved their best GCSE results to date; strong exam results improving year on year
• Plan fun team building events for staff and students alike to keep the working environment healthy
• Located in Surrey with good rail and road access
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have a degree and QTS or equivalent
• Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum – preferred
• Possess the ability to design exciting, engaging lessons.
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• DBS check on the update service is desired
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN12612.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.