‘Journey to Excellence’
Post of English Teacher (Mainscale) (NQT’s welcome) with the potential of Learning Leader KS5 Language (TLR 2a) – Permanent, full-time - required from September 2018
Steyning Grammar School is a large, comprehensive school (2250+ on roll of which 450+ are in the Sixth Form) situated in the beautiful South Downs countryside, close to Brighton and the South coast.
Our students are fantastic – polite, confident and eager to learn. Ofsted (March 2017) rated the school Good with Outstanding features.
The successful candidate will have/be:
● Enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the school forward.
● A great classroom practitioner, committed to the craft of teaching.
● Able to demonstrate excellent student progress.
● Creative, innovative and able to differentiate effectively.
● A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
● A professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
● Committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the school – our journey to excellence. Please note: Key Stage 5 Leadership possibility however NQT’s are also welcome.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to Terri Jeffrey (HR Manager) at HRManager@sgs.uk.net by 9.00 am, 23 May 2018 (please note due to the current recruitment market that we will be considering applications up until the closing date and would welcome early applications).
We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email.
Please note: we will be interviewing for the post on Thursday 24 May 2018. We will contact you again, only, if your name appears on the short list and apologies in advance for not confirming back to you that you may not have been shortlisted. Steyning Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.