September 2019 start; Full Time
Canary Wharf College Crossharbour is a new school where opportunities to fast-track to leadership roles are plentiful within our growing and highly-motivated team.
We are seeking a highly-ambitious English Teacher for September 2019 to contribute to the development of an outstanding department in our expanding school.
The successful candidate will help to design an inspiring subject curriculum that is knowledge-rich and academically rigorous to allow students to read and enjoy a wide-range of literature; participate in discussions and debate and write confidently for different purposes.
They will assist in establishing the direction for teaching, learning and assessment in English, in-line with the whole-school pedagogical strategy of Learning for Mastery, to set the highest expectations and ensure that all students achieve excellent outcomes.
In addition, current priorities for our English team include the development of our brand-new library and implementation of a range of whole-school literacy initiatives. Our subject specialists take pride in sharing their passion with our students – a performance of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ and a poetry competition are just two recent whole school projects.
Departmental and whole school responsibilities will provide excellent experience for a successful candidate who is looking to progress to senior leadership.
Canary Wharf College Crossharbour is a new school with the highest ambitions for young people in our community. We opened in 2016 and moved into our new site with excellent facilities in September 2018. The school currently has 160 students from Years 7-9, taught in small class sizes, and will expand up to Year 11.
We have a strong educational ethos ‘To Live, Share and Celebrate a Love of Learning’ and we embed this ethos by aligning everything that we do with four key principles:
• Curriculum at the Centre: we remain ‘obsessed’ with what we teach our students
• Exemplary Behaviour: we have clear principles informing behaviour and conduct to achieve the highest standards of behaviour for learning
• Exceptional Teaching: we have a clear pedagogical strategy and support every member of staff to be able to delivery consistently excellent teaching
• Valuing every child: we work tirelessly to alleviate barriers to individual student achievement
The school is made up of committed and aspirational staff led by visionary and experienced trustees and senior leaders. Staff development is a key priority and we boast a unique collaborative approach where, through weekly 1:1 meetings, senior leaders support all staff to take ownership for their own development, both by providing high quality guidance and by promoting teachers to read widely, make research-informed decisions, as well as attend tailored internal and external CPD.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to the school ethos and is enthusiastic about joining an expanding school.
• Has the vision, drive and leadership skills to develop an outstanding department
• Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards.
• Demonstrates excellent teaching practice and shows significant evidence of improving the outcomes of pupils.
• Has excellent communication skills, with an ability to motivate and inspire others.
• Is resilient, with an ability to remain motivated when tackling challenging tasks.
Applicants must have qualified teacher status.
Closing date: 21st January 2019