Canberra Grammar School has a well-resourced and progressive English Department consisting of highly qualified and committed teaching professionals. English is a compulsory subject for all students in all years. We offer the NSW HSC courses in Standard and Advanced English, Extensions 1 and 2 and English as a Second Language. We also offer the International Baccalaureate English: Literature course at both Standard and Higher level. Students can also undertake English Studies as part of a non-ATAR pathway.
The School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and collaborative teacher who will assist the Department in its quest for excellence in teaching English. The successful candidate will be capable of teaching both the NSW Higher School Certificate and International Baccalaureate Diploma English courses and well as junior English for the Australian Curriculum. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and passionate educator of English to assume a teaching position in a highly effective and prestigious school.
As a teacher, the role-holder is expected to:
- model outstanding teaching practice in and outside the classroom
- be able to teach across a broad age range of the School including for the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate (experience of teaching the IB is an advantage and willingness to be trained for IB teaching is essential)
- be willing to participate enthusiastically in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular programme
- attend School Chapel services and respect and uphold the School’s Anglican values and ethos, while also respecting people of all backgrounds and faith within the School community
- safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- support the School’s aims and objectives