Secondary English Tutor, Hampshire
£25 - £28.50 per hour
Smart Teachers is an approved Tuition Partner for the National Tutoring Programme (NTP). We are looking to recruit qualified secondary English teachers to work as tutors, providing 1:1 and small group tuition sessions, both face-to-face and online via our Online Tuition Service platform, for pupils whose education has been affected by school closures during the pandemic.
Tutors will deliver multiple tuition blocks to different groups of students.
Smart Teachers are currently recruiting English Teachers to deliver online tuition to Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 students from January 2021. We have many schools in various locations across London, the Home Counties, the South East and the South West.
With online tutoring, the tutors will be able to work from home and have the opportunity to deliver English sessions to pupils that have struggled with the changes to learning in 2020. The online tutoring sessions are conducted throughout the school day and after school.
As an English Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people, and motivate them to achieve and overcome any barriers to learning.
Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts, tutoring platform and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
To be considered for an English Tutor position, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Be comfortable to plan and lead tuition sessions – previous experience is desired but not essential as training is provided
• Have completed child protection, safeguarding and GDPR courses within the last 12 months. We can provide access to these courses.
• Be able available for at least 5 hours per week
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global. We only pay P.A.Y.E, we do not work with umbrella companies.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an English Tutor who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers please contact our team on 0207 065 7526 quoting the reference MEM ENGTUThampshire.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.