This is an opportunity to be involved with Stonyhurst Enterprises, the commercial trading arm of Stonyhurst College. The role will involve being a key part of the Enterprises Team to organise and deliver a calendar of commercial events & lettings.
This role will support the commercial department in the planning and execution of events. It will focus mainly on the coordination of our commercial events and lettings. You will also have the opportunity to support in the running of our residential sport and language courses during holiday periods.
The Events Co-ordinator is responsible for leading the organisation and operational delivery of the events and lettings calendar. The role involves liaising with the Enterprises Manger regarding the commercial strategy, marketing all commercial activities, and managing the financial budget for the events & lettings schedule.
We host an array of events including residential lettings, public events and open days, conferences, dinners, weddings, holiday camps and religious retreats. You will be supported by the Enterprises Manager to ensure the smooth running of these.
The Events Co-ordinator will be further responsible for overseeing bookings, exploring new business and assisting with staff and student recruitment.
You can look forward to a genuinely rewarding role, as well as excellent training and development at every stage of your career. We are also committed to promoting from within whenever we can, giving you the chance to build a great future here.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the overall management of commercial events, fielding initial enquiries from clients, negotiation of prices and fees, creation and issue of contracts and invoices, liaising with clients, event delivery and management
- To manage the Events & Lettings budget and financial forecast
- Provide high level events experience, logistical advice and support to customers hiring the facilities
- Set the standards expected for delivery of a highly professional service to clients, to ensure their expectations are accurately met and exceeded throughout the event process and to ensure all event administration is professionally managed and punctual
- To work closely with the Enterprises Manager and provide regular progress reports
- Communicate effectively with internal staff and support departments, to ensure all College staff are fully aware of activities taking place beyond the College academic year in accordance with College health and safety and safeguarding regulations and procedures
- To attend, where necessary, marketing and networking events to promote Enterprises activity externally and build relationships
- To assist with the annual marketing campaign and identify areas of focus
- To manage the Events website and social media
- To meet with clients and members of the public to showcase the College facilities
- To work closely with external suppliers
- To liaise with the Enterprises Manager to establish a working office rota according to the needs of the business, and when necessary, to ensure appropriate office and operational cover, seven days per week
The successful person must be able:
- To actively promote the Stonyhurst ethos as set out in the Stonyhurst mission statement
- To have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- You will have experience in an event co-ordination role, preferably in an events venue
- To have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- To have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team
- To have a confident, but also warm and welcoming manner with colleagues, clients and suppliers
- To be able to cope under the pressure of a busy office, always remaining calm and professional
- To be flexible and hard working
- To be discreet, tactful, approachable and diplomatic
- Have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- An excellent employment record and references
- To be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people
- To be in sympathy with the Stonyhurst ethos and tradition and be able to support the ideals of the mission statement
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years