Exam Access Arrangements Co-ordinator – Teaching Assistant Level 4
Full time- 37hrs TTO plus 5 days
Required As Soon As Possible
Grade 6: £ 19,967- £ 24,042 + SEN Allowance £ 1264 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to join a successful team within school, working with young people, helping to support their learning and to develop their positive behaviour and social skills. You will work alongside the Director of Year 7, Inclusion and SEN, SENCO, Psychometric Assessor, Teaching Assistants, Teaching staff and the Examination Team to ensure that all appropriate exam access arrangements for public and internal examinations are in place. Experience of JCQ regulations, including planning and coordinating access arrangements and provision mapping is required.
Therefore, the School wishes to appoint a Teaching Assistant with a proven track record of successfully working with young people, families and agencies ensuring that identified student(s) including those with Educational Healthcare Plans are able to access the curriculum in the most effective way, appropriate to their needs and understanding across the Key Stages. We seek an outstanding professional who can:
• Ensure that the school’s record-keeping and practice is fully compliant with exam board and JCQ regulations, including planning and coordinating access arrangements for those students found on the SEN/D register.
• Maintain and produce whole school, groups / individual student provision maps, delivering reports to Senior Leadership Team and SENCO.
• Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals / groups / whole classes with a Resource provision.
• Monitor students and assessing, recording and reporting on student(s) achievement, progress and development.
• Take responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision (subject to the direction and supervision of a teacher).
• Supervise other teaching assistants if required including appraisal and training.
If you feel you have the qualities we are seeking, we want to hear from you. Please visit our website www.rbhs.co.uk for further details and submit your application to: Recruitment@rbhs.co.uk
This is a re-advertisement- previous applicants do not need to re-apply.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Monday 21st January 2019.
Rivington & Blackrod High School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.