Durham School seeks Exam Invigilators to provide support in conducting external examinations for pupils, ensuring that all JCQ regulatory requirements for the conduct of examinations are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with setting up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with the outlined procedures.
- To assist candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and informing them of the examination regulations.
- To ensure that candidates do not talk once inside the examination venue.
- To ensure that candidates take into the examination room only those materials which are expressly permitted.
- To check attendance during examinations and complete attendance registers.
- To start and finish examinations at the appointed time.
- Invigilating during examinations: dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with the examination regulations.
- To inform the Exams Officer immediately of any exam irregularities as defined by JCQ regulations.
- Supervising candidates leaving examination venues in an orderly and quiet manner, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue.
- Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with examination regulations.
- Attend staff meetings as appropriate.
- Attend Inset training events as appropriate.
- To complete any other tasks commensurate with the post as requested by the Exams Officer, Bursar, or the Headmaster.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keep calm under pressure and during unexpected circumstances.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work effectively and supportively as a member of the team.
- Experience of working in an educational setting (desirable).