CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
Hourly rate: to £9.87 per hour (£8.91 for work carried out + £0.96 holiday pay)
Working pattern: Exam season – June 2021 with mandatory training from 17th May 2021
Casual Working Agreement
We are seeking 12 invigilators to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions.
We would like you to have:
• An understanding of the formality and importance of examinations
• Good attention to detail
• Good time keeping and the ability to be flexible, calm and logical
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team while supporting and taking direction from the Examinations Officer
• Previous experience in an educational setting would be advantageous
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’
We can offer:
• Flexible hours under a Casual Working Agreement
• The support of a highly professional and committed team
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
More details about the post:
No specific examination experience is necessary (training will be provided) however an understanding of the formality and importance of the examinations should be appreciated e.g. exams are carried out according to the rules and conditions as set out by the applicable examination board.
Tasks include preparing exam rooms, distributing papers and stationery, advising candidates of exam conditions, observing students during the exam ensuring that all regulatory requirements are adhered to and assisting with collecting of scripts and tidying the exam room in readiness for the following session.
There are morning and afternoon sessions between the hours of 8.00am and 4.30pm available. Ideally, we ask our invigilators to be committed to work a minimum of 3 full days, or 6 sessions per week (or more).
Please note: In readiness for the examination sessions commencing 7th June 2021, compulsory training will take place week commencing 17th May 2021. You will be expected to attend this training if you are appointed.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from this of the school website
• Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9:00am on Friday 9th April 2021. Please email to email@example.com
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
• Interview date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Website: www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School
Croxley Danes School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building...