Linwood School is an ‘Outstanding’ (Ofsted January 2018) multi-campus, day special school for children aged 4 – 19. We welcome pupils from a wide geographical area and support a comprehensive range of special educational needs including moderate (MLD), severe (SLD) and profound (PMLD) and complex learning difficulties (CLDD) as well as pupils on the Autism spectrum.
Purpose of Post:
- To be responsible for the management of all external and internal awards, examinations and qualifications for a variety of KS4 & 5 qualifications including, but not exclusive to, Preparatory Awards, Functional Skills, BTECs , GCSEs, iGCSEs and other vocational qualifications across our multi campus specialist provision.
- To maintain the integrity of the examination system on behalf of the examining boards, the School and the candidates by giving due regard to the wide variety of regulations.
- To be responsible for the administration and maintenance of the assessment and attainment computerised tracking system, providing training to staff where necessary to ensure pupil assessment tracking is maintained. Provide regular updates reports to SLT, teachers and stakeholders.
Applicants will need to be able to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively. The successful applicant will require excellent interpersonal skills and an excellent knowledge of IT including the use of all Microsoft Office packages, in particular the ability to manipulate data in Excel.
Previous examination experience is essential.
Due to the nature of the role, cross site working is required and therefore the applicant needs to hold a current driving licence and/or have the use of a car to travel between campuses.
In addition to the benefits provided by Bournemouth Borough Council, Linwood School also provides:
- An Employee Assistance Programme to support staff wellbeing
- Easy to access Eyecare Scheme
- Discounts to Musculo-Skeletal services
- Paid after-school training sessions to support staff development
- Career development
- Long Service Awards
For further information please refer to the following websites: http://linwood.bournemouth.sch.uk
Application forms and further details can be accessed via https://jobs.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/ from Friday 31st May 2019. All applications must be submitted electronically via the above website. Previous applicants need not apply.
If you have any queries over the application process, please contact Wendy Perry, HR Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 16th June 2019
25 hours per week, term-time plus a minimum of one week during the summer holidays
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
Offers of employment are also subject to satisfactory references and health check.