Reporting to the Examinations Officer, we are recruiting Examinations Invigilators to work casually as required to support the invigilation team at Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form.
• Experience of invigilation is not required as training in the role and duties of an invigilator will be provided
• Invigilators are required to declare if they have invigilated previously and whether they have any current maladministration/malpractice sanctions applied to them
• Invigilators are required to declare if they have any close friends or relatives sitting exams, either at this centre or elsewhere, and alert the Examinations Officer if they are scheduled to work a venue containing a close friend or family member
• Invigilators must confirm the confidentiality and security requirements surrounding the invigilation process are known, understood and will be followed at all times
You will be reliable, flexible and available during main exam periods. You will have effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills, able to work well as part of a team. You will confident and a have reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms.
Ideally you will be able to give instructions and manage situations involving different groups of people and of course have basic IT skills (familiar with use of email, mobile phone messaging etc.)
1. To conduct examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), awarding body and Tolworth Girls’ School & Sixth Form regulations and instructions
2. To have a key role in upholding the integrity and security of the examination/assessment process
• Report to and be briefed by the exams officer prior to each exam session
• Keep confidential exam question papers and materials secure before, during and after exams
• Ensure exam rooms are set up according to the requirements
• Admit candidates into exam rooms under formal exam conditions
• Identify candidates and seat candidates according to the required arrangements
• Distribute the correct question papers and exam materials to candidates
• Instruct candidates in the conduct of their exams
• Deal with candidate questions
• Start exams
• Supervise and observe candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams
• Keep disruption in exam rooms to a minimum
• Deal with emergencies or irregularities effectively
• Record/report any incidents, disruption or irregularities
• Complete attendance registers
• Deal with candidate questions according to the regulations
• Instruct candidates in finishing their exams and collect exam scripts and exam materials
• Dismiss candidates from the exam room
• Check candidates’ names on scripts, match the details on the attendance register
• Securely return all exam scripts and exam materials to the exams officer
• Undertake training, update and review sessions as required
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. The School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
Applications submitted via TES only.
Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form reserve the right to close this advert early, should a suitable candidate apply. We therefore advise all potential candidate’s to submit as early as possible. Application is VIA TES and referees will be contacted prior to interview.
Direct applications only. No recruitment agencies.
Tolworth Girls' School & Sixth Form
Kingston upon Thames