SALARY: NJC GRADE 7, points 23-26 £21,268 - £23,398 (£18,895 - £20,788 pro rata)
Term Time Only including INSET days plus 2 additional weeks
8.00 am – 4.00 pm (3.30 pm Friday) - 37 hours per week
To start as soon as possible
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Examinations Manager. This role is an extremely valued position within school and one that plays a pivotal role in the success of our students’ progress. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and solutions-focused. They will be responsible for all aspects of the organisation and administration of external/internal examinations. The successful candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, good IT and interpersonal skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure. This is a busy and varied role, working as part of our SIMS team and interacting with all members of the school community.
The responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the Leadership Team, Subject Leaders Data Manager and other relevant staff regarding examination entries, coursework, assessment procedures and protocols, and ensuring the smooth running of the examination cycle at all key stages both internal and external exams and managing the associated administrative duties.
- Creating exams schedules for internal and external exams, including Cognitive Ability and other on-line tests.
- Ensuring that all required information, including that for external candidates, is obtained and submitted accurately (and securely) within set deadlines.
- The processing and issuing of examination results in line with examination board requirements and school policies and procedures.
In order to apply for this role it is essential that you have:
- A good general standard of education, ideally to A Level standard
- Experience of working in an office and data driven environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent IT skills, written and oral communication skills.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or obtained from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will be done by means of applying for an “Enhanced Disclosure”. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms should be posted or emailed to Diana Chamberlain, Office Manager at: Worthing High School, South Farm Road, Worthing, BN14 7AR E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 25 September 2017
Interviews will be held on 5 October 2017